Job Opening: Software Engineer
- Spartan provides advanced process automation solutions to enterprise localization departments.
- We have built a robust business based on our three core values: Reliable (People), Scalable (Process) and Cost-Effective (Technology).
Why join Spartan?
- With us, you will be exposed to engineering, consulting, and business operations.
What’s cool about joining Spartan?
- We’re improving localization across the globe and you’ll help customers from overseas or in our backyard.
- We have a profitable model, industry leading solutions, and happy customers to keep us running.
- You’ll learn from subject matter experts and you’ll become one, yourself.
- We’re hiring talented Software Engineers to join our small team of localization experts.
- We have ambitious goals to help more customers and establish ourselves as leaders in the localization industry, and you’ll achieve these goals with us!
- If you’re interested in a role where you’ll have more influence and impact, and solve business challenges and technical challenges we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s what we’re looking for in a strong candidate:
- 5+ years of Java experience.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience developing a web application or web-based internal tool.
- Strong communication skills and an interest in communicating with customers.
- Experience with relational database/MySQL design.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field.
- Above all: reliable, hardworking, team player.
Bonus points for:
- Experience as a consultant or a small team where you’re used to requirements changing and context switching. We don’t have the luxury of focusing on the same problem for months at a time so flexibility is key.
- Experience writing and working with REST API’s.
- Experience with basic Linux administration.
- Localization experience.
- Understanding how translators (e.g. people) want to work.
What we’re offering:
- Competitive salary.
- SIMPLE IRA to help you save for the future.
- Full medical and dental benefits. We cover 100% of the premiums for employees.
- 15 days PTO + 10 paid holidays off annually + the day off on your birthday.
- We value work-life balance here at Spartan.
- Work 100% remotely.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org